Congratulations on taking a decision to be a scholar. With your plan of taking of taking up Doctoral level education, you have taken the penultimate step of becoming a true scholar, who could make the academic world a better place by research.
Unlike Bachelor's or Master's level education, the Doctoral level requires a lot of thinking, planning, researching and interacting with the academic elite within your chosen department of your proposed universities, applying, following up and preparing for your actual research. All this is time consuming, laborious and most of all, involves intensive preparation. Go through the below points to know what is required to be done by applicants for the PhD program (any field) in US.
• Determine your research interests
• Identify universities that offer Doctoral level programs in the field of interest in which you wish to pursue research
• Check with the department concerned within the university to determine if any active research is being one at the moment,
• Shortlist Professors who are doing research in your area of interest
• Contact Professors to determine if they would like to provide the opportunity for further research in the subject/area of interest
• Submit an abstract of his research interest to professors in different universities
• Interact on a regular basis till the professors make a decision on whether to 'guide' you or not.
• After professors' approval, has to apply to the Graduate School and respective departments of the universities
• Universities will then make a decision on his application after seeking approval from the professor and department concerned.
• In addition to the General GRE test, some universities may require test scores in GRE Subject tests too (one or two). TOEFL/IELTS is mandatory.
How will you handle all the above, with all your academic/professional commitments? Manhattan Review will handle most of the above tasks on your behalf, so you could complete the whole process successfully.
Our expert counselors, managers and admissions team members will assist you with every stage of the process, by providing information, guidelines, formats, samples and assistance all throughout.
Our expert teams will do everything above and make sure that YOU WILL SUCCEED in reaching US Take the first step – talk (helpline number here) to one of our counselors nearest to you (link to branches list). With a network of 18 branches throughout India, we are just a single step away from helping you reach US.
Take the step NOW!
For information on studying Master's in US, click here (ContactUs). Or, contact our helpline (+919945602222) for further assistance.