Bachelor's Education (BS) in US

US, the "Land of Unlimited Opportunities" and the most popular destination in the world to study and settle down, welcomes International students with world-class education.

Of more attraction to Indian students is the fact that US welcomes immigrants with open arms, since it is a land of immigrants!. Thus, those who complete their education can decide upon staying back and work, finally leading to permanent employment and settlement to enjoy the best life in the world!

Undergraduate (Bachelor's) programs are of 4 years duration. A degree from a American university is recognized world-wide and as a result, international students who graduate from US universities enjoy successful and prosperous careers.

Admission requirements vary from one university to another. However, as a general rule, American institutions prefer applicants with very good academic background and decent scores in TOEFL or IELTS for admission, in addition to scores in either SAT or ACT.

Main intake every year commences in September and ends in May. Some universities that run on the semester system conducts courses even in the Summer and have intake in January (Spring). June to August is the period of vacation.

All the programs in all fields of specialization are available for study in American institutions at all levels. US colleges and universities accept either TOEFL or IELTS scores as proof of English proficiency. Depending upon the institution, the score requirements may vary – between 80-110 for TOEFL and 6.0 –7.5 bands in IELTS.

Studying in US is quite affordable. The average cost for a foreign student for one school year (9 months) could be anywhere between US $ 20,000 to 40,000 for Bachelor's. Cost of living for students in US would be between US $ 8,000-12,000, depending upon the location of their residence.

Work prospects:

Full-time students registered in a degree are allowed to work on the campus of the university/college part-time for up to 20 hours a week. During vacations, they can work up to 40 hours a week. After the first year, students can work off-campus with prior approval.

Applying for a visa:

After one obtains admission (I-20) one may apply for F-1 (student) visa at any of the US Consulates. Applications and documentation must then be submitted to the nearest visa office.

Manhattan Review provides comprehensive services for studying in US. For information on studying Bachelor's in US, (ContactUs)

Or, contact our helpline(+919945602222) for further assistance.

is a registered trademark of CKS EDVANTAGE EDUCATION PVT LTD
Copyright © Manhattan Review. All rights reserved.