Bachelor's in Canada

Canada, the safest place to live and the most desirable place to study and settle down, beckons International students with high quality and low-cost education. The biggest advantage is that international students don't need scores in SAT or ACT for Bachelor's level program admission.

Of more attraction to Indian students is the fact that Canada welcomes immigrants with open arms. Thus, those who complete their education can decide upon staying back and complete the immigration process to enjoy the best life in the world! As a country of immigrants, Canada places a high-demand on multicultural diversity.

Undergraduate (Bachelor's) programs are of 4 years duration, except in Ontario, where there is three-year Bachelor degrees and three-year Master's degrees. A degree form a Canadian university is recognized world-wide and as a result, international students who graduate from Canadian universities enjoy successful and prosperous careers.

Admission requirements vary from one university to another. However, as a general rule, Canadian institutions prefer applicants with very good academic background and decent scores in TOEFL or IELTS for admission.

Main intake every year commences in September and ends in May. Some universities that run on the semester system conducts courses even in the Summer and have intake in January (winter). June to August is the period of vacation.

All the programs in all fields of specialization are available for study in Canadian institutions at all levels. Canadian colleges and universities accept either TOEFL or IELTS scores as proof of English proficiency. Depending upon the institution, the score requirements may vary – between 80-110 for TOEFL and 6.0 –7.5 bands in IELTS.

Studying in Canada is quite affordable. The average cost for a foreign student for one school year (9 months) could be anywhere between Can $ 12,000 to 17,500 for Bachelor's. Cost of living for students in Canada would be between Can. $ 6,000-12,000, depending upon the location of their residence.

Work prospects:

Full-time students registered in a degree or diploma-granting course are allowed to work on the campus of the institution at which they are registered without the need for an employment authorization. This includes on-campus employment for graduate, teaching or research assistants. Spouses of full-time students are eligible for open or open/restricted employment authorization, depending on medical requirements having been met.

Students whose intended employment forms an integral part of their course of study such as undergraduate co-op programs, some programs offered by career colleges or language schools and some high school programs.

Applying for a visa:

One may obtain study permit forms in one's country of origin at the Canadian Embassy, High Commission or Canadian Education Centre. Applications and documentation must then be submitted to the nearest visa office.

Manhattan Review provides wide range of services for studying in Canada. For information on studying Bachelor's in Canada,(ContactUs) Or, contact our helpline (+919945602222) for further assistance.

is a registered trademark of CKS EDVANTAGE EDUCATION PVT LTD
Copyright © Manhattan Review. All rights reserved.